So what do you do when your to-do list is as long as a CVS receipt (this always cracks me up).
As an extrovert I miss seeing people in person every day and collaborating. Although I have found myself to be more productive while working from home despite having two very rambunctious puppies.
Here’s what works for me:
– Minimize distractions
– Do the worst first
– Don’t be too hard on yourself
– Do the highest priority tasks first
– Plan your day around your own natural cycles, do the hardest work when you have the most energy
– Plan rewards and breaks throughout the day
– Exercise, meditate or do yoga – whatever works for you. It’s important to take care of you.
Create and maintain a master list of your current goals, projects and tasks. Doing this will put your mind at ease and keep you organized.
I also recommend creating a must-do list and a like-to-do list. This can help with the feeling of being distracted, demotivated and constantly feeling like there’s more to do.
And the most important thing? Set boundaries. It’s important to just sometimes say enough is enough on a given day. Balance is key.
What works for you?