Supporting women is so important to me through my Women Who Wow initiative, and I am proud to moderate Leopard Solutions’ webinar tomorrow at 12:30pm EST on the long road to partnership for women lawyers.
As someone who has worked at law firms of all sizes for the past 20 years, I have seen firsthand the need to better support, retain and recruit women lawyers. While progress has been made, the legal industry’s work toward equality has a long way to go.
In fact, Leopard’s 2020 State of the Legal Industry Report showed that as of December 31, 2020, 49% of all associates were female but only 26% of all partners were female. Yikes.
This is an important issue that needs to be at the forefront for all firms. We have assembled a strong panel of leaders in the legal industry to delve into this topic, including:
- Jill Caughie, Director of Lateral Integration, Cozen O’Connor
- Jennifer Gillman, Founder and Legal Recruiter, Gillman Strategic Group
- Laura Leopard, Founder and CEO, Leopard Solutions
- Danielle Rosetti, Chief Talent Officer, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Alexis Robertson, Director of Diversity & Inclusion, Foley & Lardner
We will explore:
- Why women aren’t rising to partner as quickly as their male colleagues
- What women lawyers can do to ensure they make partner
- What law firms can do to better support women lawyers on the road to partnership
- What other careers women lawyers are pursuing
- How has the pandemic and working from home changed women’s ability to make partner
- How can firms improve recruitment, retention and support for women lawyers?
The webinar is free, and I hope you will join us. Register here.