Almost every day has an opportunity for businesses to raise awareness about their organization.
But like most things related to social media, timing is everything. And what better way to highlight your brand than the holidays?
Here are the October hashtag holidays and themes to help you fill in your social media calendar.
Holidays are opportunities to build connections through socially relevant holidays and days of observance that we celebrate primarily online (hashtag holidays).
Of course, we have traditional holidays, like Halloween and New Year’s Day, but there are quirky, unique holidays that are designed to bring awareness and conversation to important topics throughout the year.
You can use hashtag holidays to connect with your followers – it makes your company more “human” showcasing your culture and breaks up the “me-centric” business content that you likely post often.
October Hashtag Holidays
- October 1 – International Coffee Day #InternationalCoffeeDay
- October 1 – World Vegetarian Day #WorldVegetarianDay
- October 2 – World Smile Day #WorldSmileDay
- October 4 – National Taco Day #NationalTacoDay
- October 4 – World Habitat Day #WorldHabitatDay
- October 5 – World Teachers Day #WorldTeachersDay
- October 10 – World Mental Health Day #WorldMentalHeathDay
- October 11 – International Day of the Girl #DayOfTheGirl
- October 13 – National Train Your Brain Day #TrainYourBrainDayy
- October 14 – National Dessert Day #DessertDay
- October 15 – Global Handwashing Day #GlobalHandwashingDay
- October 15 – Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- October 16 – National Boss’s Day #NationalBossDay #BossDay #BestBossEver
- October 16 – World Food Day #FoodDay
- October 17 – Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day #CleanYourVirtualDesktopDay
- October 25 – Greasy Foods Day #GreasyFoodsDay
- October 28 – National Chocolate Day #NationalChocolateDay
- October 30 – National Candy Corn Day #CandyCornDay
- October 30 – National Publicist Day #NationalPublicist
- October 31 – Halloween #Halloween
Monthly themes are a great way to join the discussion of a relevant topic on social media that is meaningful to your organization.
Themes for the month of October:
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Global Diversity Awareness Month
- National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 15)
Create social media posts for these themed holidays to help fill in your editorial calendar and have a more steady stream of posts.
Sign up here to receive a monthly calendar of hashtag holidays.
Here are some ideas on how you can use hashtag holidays in your social media strategy.
If you need help with this, message me to learn how I can create a custom strategy for you.