Stefanie Marrone advises law firms (of all sizes), professional service firms, legal tech and B2B companies, professional associations and individuals on the full range of marketing and business development consulting services designed to enhance revenue, retain current clients, attract new clients and achieve greater brand recognition and market share.
Stefanie has worked with a broad range of law firms of all sizes over her 20-year legal marketing career from Big Law, to mid-size firms to boutique firms to solo practitioners.
She also works with accounting firms, recruiting firms, legal tech companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Stefanie understands what her clients need from working at law firms for 20 years. She is not just another consultant.
She has walked in the shoes of the CMOs she works with and she has worked side-by-side with lawyers in all practice areas for 20+ years. She knows how law firms (both big and small) operate and how to get things done effectively and efficiently. In addition, she loves what she does. She knows how to help lawyers in marketing and business development, how to help legal marketing professionals and she knows how to market the services of legal service providers because she is one now and she has utilized their services for many years.
These firms include Sullivan & Cromwell, Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison, Morrison & Forester, Proskauer, Mayer Brown and McKee Nelson (which is now part of Morgan Lewis) and mid-size firm Tarter Krinsky & Drogin.
At each of these firms, she developed and executed revenue generating, business development, internal and external communications strategies, branding and multi-channel content marketing/thought leadership campaigns on a firmwide, practice, industry and lawyer level that had a real impact on the firm and its lawyers.
Knowing that so many B2B companies – especially law firms – are just scratching the surface when it comes to how they use their content and social media, she is passionate about helping organizations and their employees effectively utilize social platforms for business development, revenue generation and visibility opportunities.
A former journalist, Stefanie often writes about issues facing lawyers and legal marketers today. In addition to writing on this blog, you can follow her articles on JD Supra.
She is also a frequent conference and webinar speaker on social media and marketing-related topics.
A lifelong New Yorker, Stefanie didn’t go far from home for her education. She holds a master of science in strategic communications from Columbia University (which she completed while working full-time) and a bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in history and art history from New York University.
Giving back to the industry that has given her so much is very important to Stefanie. She has served in several local, regional and national Legal Marketing Association volunteer roles. She was secretary of the LMA’s Northeast Region and co-chair of the 2019 LMA Northeast Regional Conference.
Stefanie consults for law firms, individual lawyers from firms of all sizes and a wide range of professional service firms, including accounting and recruiting firms. Her services include:
- Marketing and business development strategy development (on a firmwide, practice and individual level)
- Outsourced CMO/marketing director support for small and mid-sized firms – she will help you run your marketing efforts without paying for a full-time employee
- Social media consulting – she will help you use social media to actually bring in new clients and retain your existing ones as well as boost your visibility and brand recognition
- Social media training (for groups, one on one and firmwide) – optimization of individual LinkedIn profiles and company pages
- Content marketing and thought leadership consulting, strategy and development
- Lead generation and business development support
Stefanie lives in New York City with her French bulldog puppies Lucy and Scarlett, who serve as her company’s CFOs (Chief Frenchie Officers), which translates to snoring next to her desk and occasionally barking at the front door as her clients know.
Stefanie specifically helps law firms and legal service providers with:
Fractional Outsourced CMO Services
- I believe that law firms of all sizes can benefit from working with a senior-level legal marketing executive, but not all firms have the need or resources to hire one full time.
- I serve as the outsourced CMO marketing department/strategic lead for a number of professional service organizations.
- I provide senior-level marketing direction and then execute on it through actionable marketing projects, following through on tactics, helping to direct the firm’s marketing resources – internal and external – to achieve your goals.
- I provide the full range of law firm marketing and business development support and help law firms and lawyers build their brands and books of business through revenue generating strategies in content marketing, public relations, digital marketing, social media, webinars and business/client development.
- I can work with your in-house marketing team or serve as your outsourced team and become an extension of your firm. I will provide oversight and direction to your internal marketing team and develop strong working relationships with attorneys in the firm’s practice groups.
- Because of my many years of experience in law firms, I am able to step into a firm quickly and provide value where you need it most.
Social Media Strategy and Execution
- Create and implement social media strategy.
- Ensure that all firm news (press mentions, blog posts, articles, events, sponsorships, etc.) are leveraged on the web and social media (the firm’s company page and the corresponding lawyer(s) social networks).
- Manage the firm’s content – write new content, edit and leverage old content, work with lawyers to ensure they are producing new content
- Utilize social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram) to help the firm and its lawyers build their brands and generate leads.
- Develop an editorial calendar with future social media posts, accompanying custom social media images and appropriate hashtags for each post.
- Build visibility through earned and owned media, including creating custom social media campaigns and creatively repurposing content.
- Build a hashtag strategy for each social media platform.
- Utilize SEO to help with branding and prospecting.
- Social media coaching, ncluding how to use LinkedIn to generate new business and rekindle relationships with old/dormant contacts
- Analyze data after each social media post and on a monthly basis to inform future content strategy.
- Utilize LinkedIn Company Page tools such as newsletter campaigns and events to engage with prospects and clients.
Business and Client Development
- Work with practices and individual attorneys on strategic business development initiatives.
- Work with firm leaders on lateral growth and recruiting marketing strategy.
- Create business development action plans for partners aligned with the firm’s strategic goals.
- Assist attorneys in identifying opportunities for speaking engagements, writing opportunities, seminars, CLEs, conferences and trade shows and support development of related materials.
- Manage the firm’s brand, and position and promote it in the marketplace. Review existing practices and services to identify strengths, weaknesses and growth opportunities.
- Provide business development coaching, workshops and one-on-one coaching.
- Create business plans for lawyers and practice group business plans.
- Create marketing materials for proposals and pitches.
- Update practice descriptions and lawyer bios to optimize for SEO.
- Develop and maintain alumni relations programs.
- Advise on lateral partner/lawyer new hire integrations.
Marketing Communications Strategy and Execution
- Brainstorm ideas for future content and establish process for generating regular content.
- Launch blogs, podcasts and video series
- Launch emarketing and CRM programs.
- Create webinar programs and public relations strategies.
- Ghostwrite articles, blog posts, newsletters, e-announcements and content of all kinds.
- Develop recruiting, diversity and pro bono content.
- Write legal directory submissions and provide guidance on Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers processes.
- Assist with internal communications as needed.
Working with me
This is a sampling of the kinds of things I can do and can be customized for your firm, contact me to learn more. I provide a detailed onboarding process to make working with me seamless and easy.