Social media has never been more important or build your brand and business especially while social distancing and individuals continue to use social to vet and research you.
Here are a few suggestions for what you should do now and going forward when it comes to how you use social media to build your brand and business.
- Don’t use social media less in 2021. Use it more, but use it more intentionally.
- Follow people who inspire and motivate you.
- Unfollow people who do not add to your life.
- Use social media to help you grow professionally.
- Start to like, comment and share posts to get more comfortable having a presence on social media.
- Cultivate and grow your network on an ongoing basis.
- Engage with experts from whom you can learn.
- Build genuine, positive relationships.
- Learn how LinkedIn’s algorithm works and use it to your advantage.
- Reach out to professional contacts with whom you’ve lost touch. You never know who could be a referral or source of business.
- Recycle your top performing posts.
- Create an editorial calendar to manage posts.
- Post genuine socially conscious material and spotlight your good works.
- When posting about your successes, take a humblebrag approach.
- Put yourself out there – give opinions and insights, tell personal stories and be yourself.
- Be strategic about the time you spend scrolling on social.
Remember that your network is your netWORTH – so use it wisely!