I advise law firms (of all sizes), professional service firms, B2B companies, professional associations, individuals and entrepreneurs/startups on the full range of marketing and business development consulting services designed to enhance revenue, retain current clients and achieve greater brand recognition, including:
- Marketing and business development strategy development (on a firmwide, practice and individual level)
- Outsourced CMO/marketing director support for small and mid-sized firms – I will run your marketing efforts without paying for a full-time employee
- Social media consulting – I will help you use social media to actually bring in new clients and retain your existing ones as well as boost your visibility and brand recognition
- Social media training (for groups, one on one and firmwide). I will help you optimize your LinkedIn profile and your company profile. I can do this in person as well as virtually.
- Content marketing and thought leadership consulting, strategy and development
- Lead generation and business development support
- Developing creative ideas for holiday cards, ad campaigns, events and client entertainment
- Practice group planning and writing of all practice-related materials
- Bio workshops and writing of lawyer bios
- Developing marketing strategies
- One-on-one coaching with lawyers to build their books of business
- Branding assistance
- Development and maintenance of alumni relations programs
- Creation of newsletters
- Development of recruiting, diversity and pro bono content
- Leveraging social media, email marketing, newsletters and your web site to enhance branding and revenue generation
- Networking best practices and coaching
- Helping firms build visibility through earned and owned media
- Public relations support and awards submission writing
- Legal directory submission writing and process management
- Guidance on Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers processes and how to make the lists
- Lateral partner/lawyer new hire integration and practice planning to ensure they get off on the right foot fast
- Public speaking, training and workshops tailored to your organization
Business and Client Development
- Review of existing practices or services to identify strengths, weaknesses and possible growth opportunities
- Business development strategy development, and creation of business plans for practices, industries and individual lawyers.
- Create bespoke business development training programs for associates to help them build their books of business.
- Small or large group business and client development coaching, workshops and one-on-one coaching
- You don’t need to work at firm with a fancy name on the door or a big budget (been there, done that) to implement a successful business development pipeline program. If you’re targeted, resourceful and strategic, you can do it at any size firm with lawyers at any level. It involves a consistent commitment to business development, utilizing a mix of online networking, and incorporating creative social media and client-centric content into your marketing strategy.
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Serving as a primary point of contact with PR, web site and design agencies to maximize impact of brand strategy and execution
- Thought leadership and digital content development, including distribution to key target markets
- Social media strategy and implementation
- Brand building efforts and creative direction
Social Media Capabilities and Offerings
I manage the social media presences of a number of law firms, individuals and other organizations. Social media training (for groups, one on one and firmwide). I will help you optimize your LinkedIn profile and your company profile. I can do this in person as well as virtually. See my Social Media Offerings page for more.
I offer a variety of social media training formats: one-on-one coaching (virtually or in-person), small group training and workshops for large groups. My clients include professionals at all experience levels and career stages.
- A one-on-one session with me to learn more about how to use social media to build your brand and business. I will work with you to create a basic social media plan and will do an audit of your LinkedIn profile and provide you with tips to increase your connections, establish yourself as a subject-matter expert and bring in business. Additional options for an ongoing executive LinkedIn strategy plan are available as well.
I love to write and I write often for my clients. This kind of content includes writing articles, blog posts, social media content, web copy, bios, practice and industry descriptions, speaking engagement forms and award submissions.
Writing takes time and I can make the process easier and more efficient for you. I often help my clients turn existing content into new pieces.
I help clients of all kinds build an engaged audience with SEO-optimized, high-impact content that highlights their strengths and experience in their voice.
What I write:
- Blog posts and client alerts
- Social media posts for individuals and companies on all platforms (including accompanying images)
- Press releases and deal announcements
- LinkedIn summaries and profile optimization
- Pitch materials
- Practice and industry descriptions
- Internal newsletters
- Emails from executive leaders (internal comms)
- E-blasts and e-newsletters
- Recruiting campaigns
- Diversity, pro bono and CSR copy
- Long-form articles
Thought leadership pieces
- Marketing copy
- White papers
Outsourcing this type of work to someone who knows the industry inside and out and is an efficient writer enables you to free up your time to focus on your clients. Reach out to me to learn more.
Reach out to me at email@example.com to learn more.