Beyond its role as a platform for career opportunities, LinkedIn has emerged as an important tool for those seeking to amplify their speaking engagements and webinars to a wider audience. So, how can one tap into this platform to its fullest for public speaking promotions?
1. Optimize Your Profile: Before you start promoting your speaking engagement, ensure that your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date and optimized. Highlight your expertise in the area you’ll be discussing in your seminar or webinar. A robust profile serves as a reference point for attendees who want to learn more about you and your expertise.
2. Create a LinkedIn Event: LinkedIn enables users to create and promote events. Use this feature to set up an event to promote your upcoming educational program. Make sure to include all the details: date, time, platform/link for online sessions and a compelling description.
3. Engage in Relevant Groups: Join LinkedIn groups related to your topic or target audience. Share valuable insights and snippets of what attendees can expect at your event. However, be careful not to come across as overly promotional. Your goal should be to engage, not just advertise.
4. Share Teasers and Content Snippets: Build anticipation by sharing short clips, infographics or key insights that will be discussed during your program. This not only sparks interest but also provides value to your network, encouraging them to share your content.
5. Use LinkedIn Articles: Write a LinkedIn article delving into a subtopic of your program or discussing its importance. This establishes your authority on the subject and gives readers a taste of your teaching style and content.
6. Encourage Testimonials: If you’ve conducted educational programs in the past, ask certain attendees to write recommendations or testimonials on your LinkedIn profile. Positive feedback boosts your credibility and can persuade undecided individuals.
7. Collaborate with Influencers: Identify and connect with LinkedIn influencers in your field. A simple shout-out, collaboration or a shared post from them can significantly increase your program’s visibility.
8. Utilize Sponsored Content: If you have a budget, consider using LinkedIn’s advertising options, like sponsored content, to reach a broader audience. Targeting capabilities ensure that your program reaches the right demographic.
9. Engage with Comments and Queries: When you share posts related to your event, people might have questions or comments. Engage with them promptly. This not only resolves their queries but also boosts the post’s visibility on others’ feeds due to increased engagement.
10. Share Post-Event Highlights: After your speaking engagement, share highlights, key takeaways and even participant testimonials. This not only provides value to those who missed out on the event, but enables you to maximize your content from the event as well as set the stage for promoting future events.
There is so much potential for business professionals to market their speaking engagements on LinkedIn. The platform, with its vast network of professionals and multifaceted features, offers immense potential for speakers to expand their reach and impact. Authentic engagement, combined with a strategic approach, providing value and consistently engaging is the key to success for building your brand and spreading the word about anything worthwhile.