There was a time not long ago when I didn’t have a big LinkedIn network or strong presence.
Here’s what I did to grow mine and turn it into a business. If I can do it so can you!
- I focused only on the social channels used by my target audience
- I liked, commented and shared others’ posts
- I started writing about my speaking engagements and created takeaway posts
- I turned my PowerPoint slides into posts
- I built an editorial calendar to plan future posts
- I shared only value-added content
- I created visuals for each post
- I made my content interactive and used video
- I gave away free content, tools and helpful info
- I looked at others for inspiration/ideas
- I told personal stories and injected my personality into posts
- I developed a hashtag strategy to enhance visibility of posts
- I engaged with my followers
- I built a strong profile
- I cultivated my network – adding new connections
- I recycled my greatest hits – reposting past content that did well
- I set up a sharing “pod” with 4 LinkedIn connections
- I used analytics to refine my efforts
- I posted at least 3X a week, and I didn’t get discouraged if no one liked my posts
Stay the course. Social media success is a long term investment.
Contact me if you’d like to talk about how to use LinkedIn more effectively to build your brand and business. It doesn’t take a lot of time or money to do it.