One of the easiest ways you can build your LinkedIn connections is by adding a URL to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature. This should be standard for all business professionals today.
If you include your LinkedIn profile in your e-signature, recipients can easily view your profile and learn more about you.
Every email provider is different. But, you will likely find options to change your email signature under settings.
You have several options for adding your LinkedIn profile to your email signature. Add simple text with a hyperlink.
Just make sure to customize your URL before adding it. When you create a LinkedIn account, your profile will be given a generic URL. But you can customize it. Customizing can improve your personal branding, make your profile more recognizable, and can even improve SEO for recruiters. Use the customized URL in your email signature.
If you want to add LinkedIn button to email signatures, you can insert an image and link it to your profile. You will need to get an image, insert it, and add the hyperlink to it. This method makes the image look like a button that people can click.
You will need some sort of LinkedIn icon or image to link. You can create your own image. Or, you can use an image from LinkedIn.
Here’s how to add a LinkedIn button to your email signature.
- Go to the settings of your email account.
- Go to the signature portion.
- Click the option to insert an image.
- After you select the image and add it to the signature, highlight it. Click the button to add a hyperlink. A box will pop up. In that box, click “Change” to change where the image links to.
- A box will open that asks you to add the URL. This is where you will enter the customized URL for your public LinkedIn profile.
- After you add the URL, save all changes. You now have a LinkedIn button in your email signature.
And also please don’t use any company logos in your e-signature – they will either get caught as spam or be viewed as little red Xs. Simple is better.
Mine is basic – just make sure all employees have the same e-signature – it looks unprofessional and dilutes the branding if they don’t.
Remember there are so many opportunities to brand yourself and your company – and your email is among the most visible so don’t let it go to waste!