Now is the time to focus on your LinkedIn profile while you have more free time working from home during the coronavirus.
As so many of us have been forced to isolate and much of the world is shut down, we are going to be depending on social media more than ever to connect with others, and we will be using online resources to conduct business. Here are a few things you can do enhance your profile today and achieve LinkedIn All-Star status.
- Complete all areas of your profile, especially the headline and summary section. Your headline is so important because it gets pulled into Google search results. If you don’t optimize it, LinkedIn will automatically pull in your job title and company – you can do better than that.
- Look through the “People You May Know” list and the connections of your competitors and colleagues to find ways to expand your network. Also join the LinkedIn alumni groups of your former firms and educational institutions. Send notes to each person asking how they’re doing – it’s a great way to reconnect and stay top of mind.
- Look at your competitors’ LinkedIn personal and companies to compile competitive intelligence and inspiration for future posts.
- Follow 5-10 of your competitors’ LinkedIn company pages for ideas and inspiration for your own page. Then do what they do better.
- Add skills to your LinkedIn profile – you can also reorder and delete certain skills.
- Reuse and repurpose your own content. Each piece of content can be turned into multiple posts.
- Promote and help others, such as posting their content and congratulating them on successes, without the expectation of getting anything in return.
For LinkedIn coaching, and group and individual trainings, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.