I’ve found the key to social media success is to post content of value to your target audiences in an authentic and engaging way, to choose the right platforms for your efforts and to be consistent about posting.
You need to at least post 2 to 3 times a week in order to build your brand and so that the algorithms start working in your favor, helping your posts become more visible.
You want to be top of mind with your target audiences and a way to do that on social media is to keep showing up. I know lot of you want to get active on social but you don’t know how to do it.
The biggest hurdle becomes having a steady stream of good content to post and managing that content. I would highly recommend that you keep a personal editorial calendar to track your posts and also so that you can reuse and repurpose them.
So what should you post on social media? Here are some ideas for any size company and for any business professional.
- Interactive content
- Videos and podcasts
- Articles you found interesting with a short synopsis of why
- Inspirational or motivational posts
- Content with images/visuals/icons
- Lists/how-to posts
- Helpful advice/tips from your experiences
- Recaps of events, distill a client alert into a short teaser video
- Personal stories – this will draw in the reader and also help to humanize you
Try it out and let me know how it goes!