LinkedIn introduced the ability for its users to create polls, which can be quite handy if you are trying to gauge the opinions of others in your network on a various topic. It can also help to initiate conversations and keep you top of mind. Here’s how to do it (PS – it’s super easy and you can do it from your profile page, a group or a LinkedIn company page if you are an administrator).
Note: The LinkedIn Polls feature is being gradually rolled out to all LinkedIn members.
To create a poll from your homepage:
- Click Start a post.
- Click Create a poll.
- In the Create a poll window, type your question and fill in the options.
- There is a minimum of two options and a maximum of four options on a poll.
- Click +Add option to add another option.
- Select the Poll duration from the dropdown.
- The default duration is one week.
- Click Next.
- Click the Edit icon to edit the post.
- Select who you want to share the poll with.
- You can add more to the post in the What do you want to talk about? field (optional).
- Click Post.