It’s not always easy to be happy even if you are by nature a happy person like I am, especially as the pandemic and our new normal of social distancing continues into the fall months.
Here are some things you can do to find more happiness in your everyday life despite what’s going on in the world.
- Do more kind acts for those you care about
- Give back to your community (you can do this virtually)
- Eat well
- Go to bed earlier and stick to a regular sleep schedule
- Try meditation or yoga
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Cross things off your to-do list – there is something so satisfying about this simple action (also stop procrastinating – that’s my number one stress trigger and I know many of you also struggle with it)
- Adopt an attitude of gratitude
- Focus on the things you love and less of those that you don’t
- Let go of grudges and be more forgiving of others
- Take baby steps toward a big goal or dream of yours
- Watch a favorite movie or listen to an album you love
- Celebrate the successes of others
- Smile more – the simple act of smiling makes you feel happier!
- Play with your pet (if you don’t have a pet, borrow one from a friend or family member)
- Spend time with friends and family who lift you up
Number 16 is my #1 way to instantly find more happiness. My puppy Lucy brightens up every single day. One of the silver linings of the pandemic is being able to spend so much time with our pets.
What else would you add to this list that brings you happiness?