There’s one week left of 2020 (thank god!). Use it wisely by improving your LinkedIn profile.
Here are some specific things you can do on LinkedIn starting this week to enhance your presence – why wait until 2021?
- Update your web and LinkedIn bio. (Make sure to use keywords that describe what you do to help with your SEO results.)
- Fill out all of the sections – this helps you achieve All-Star status.
- Add links to articles you’ve written.
- Create an amazing headline (this is one of the most important lines of your profile).
- Use the featured section to pin your past posts on your profile.
- Start to like, comment and share posts of important people in your network (remember a comment and share is more powerful in LinkedIn’s algorithm).
- Add connections by using the People You May Know tool and make a list of former colleagues/classmates with whom you’ve lost touch.
- Use the notifications section for reasons to proactively reach out to connections.
- Make sure your contact information is updated and that you have included a link to your web bio (if you have one). You can include two web URLs in the contact info section so I would add your main company web site and your direct bio link.
- Call me if you need help or don’t have the time to do this!
Remember that your network is your netWORTH, so cultivate it starting today. It’s never too late or early, especially while we are social distancing.