Law firm mergers are on the rise and this is THE program to attend if you want to know about them.
26 law firm mergers were completed in first half of 2021 and there are more announcements coming. It’s the hottest legal jobs market in years, and mergers help to alleviate some of that hiring stress as one of our panelists said in a recent Bloomberg article. Kent Zimmermann noted that in an exceptionally active talent market for both partners and associates, firms appreciate the benefit of having a larger profit pool to attract and retain the best talent.”
I am moderating a webinar tomorrow at 12:30pm ET for Leopard Solutions on law firm mergers and acquisitions/combinations.
As someone who worked at a firm that went through a merger (McKee Nelson when it merged with Bingham McCutchen – RIP to both firms), I can tell you firsthand what a complicated, exhilarating, stressful and unique experience it was.
During this webinar, I will be joined by Wendy Bernero, who was my CMO at the time during the McKee Nelson/Bingham merger (most of the Bingham people from McKee Nelson went on to join Morgan Lewis). Wendy has also consulted for law firms on mergers. She is now the Global Chief Marketing Officer at Baker McKenzie.
Laura Leopard, the Founder and CEO of legal intelligence company Leopard Solutions who has some great insights to share with us from Leopard’s data, Tom Cole, the managing partner of Troutman Pepper, which successfully completed a merger during the pandemic (I can’t wait to hear from him about this!), and Kent Zimmermann, a principal at Zeughauser Group, someone who regularly brings together firms in mergers/combinations and advises firms on strategy of all kinds.
I’m also going to talk about how you need a very strong marketing strategy before and after a merger as well as a communications plan.
I hope you will join us. Below is a description of the webinar.
Join us on August 3 at 12:30pm ET for a webinar on law firm mergers and acquisitions/combinations that will explore:
- How widespread are mergers between firms today?
- What are the key issues in considering a merger and the issues that prompt firms to merge?
- What are the most important considerations in approaching a merger, both in terms of identifying possible partners and then assessing their suitability?
- What are some successful examples of law firm mergers & combinations?
- What are common pitfalls in mergers and how can they be avoided?
- Wendy Bernero, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Baker McKenzie
- Tom Cole, Managing Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Laura Leopard, Founder and CEO, Leopard Solutions
- Stefanie Marrone, Founder, Stefanie Marrone Consulting | The Social Media Butterfly (moderator)
- Kent Zimmermann, Principal, Zeughauser Group
Register here: https://bit.ly/2UY9xO6