Social media is an easy and effective way to build your network, brand and business – especially since the social distancing time of Covid.
Social media helps us stay top of mind with the people who matter most – clients, referrals, colleagues, recruits and others.
If you’re not using social as part of your digital marketing strategy, you’re missing out on a fast, inexpensive and effective way to reach your target audiences.
But in case you’re still not convinced, here are six reasons why you and your organization should adopt a social media strategy today.
- It’s cost effective: Implementing a successful social media strategy costs little to nothing. It’s accessible and achievable to organizations of all sizes and entrepreneurs. Create an editorial calendar, repurpose content and use the right hashtags and visuals. Tools like Canva and others make it easy for anyone to create custom graphics for social to accompany posts.
- It’s quick: Social media enables you to disseminate information to your followers quickly and effectively rather than waiting for a publication to feature your article. An effective social media strategy uses social media in conjunction with email marketing for maximum impact and reach. It also gives potential clients an easy way to express interest in your business and your products.
- It gives you control: Social media gives you a powerful way to highlight your organization and people when you want – such as bios, practices, case studies, firm history, a TBT/FBF campaign to showcase past posts – this kind of evergreen content (which is content that doesn’t expire or lose its relevancy over time) is powerful and can help you fill in your content calendar.
- It works: Social media is an effective branding, recruiting and lead generation tool simply because so many people use social. It also amplifies your other marketing/business development efforts especially when your employees are engaged and share content. In addition, social media marketing enhances your search engine optimization. Social media posts drive traffic to your website. Sharing content from your blog or website to your social channels is a great way to get readers to boost readership.
- It builds credibility: Social media helps to establish your organization and employees as thought leaders in their respective fields. It keeps them top of mind with target audiences – clients, referrals, prospects and candidates, which is key in a saturated market.
- It builds relationships: Social media is a powerful way to network and build relationships all over the world. It gives you the ability to expand the reach of your content, which can lead to new business and opportunities. The ability to create genuine human connections is one of the key benefits of using social media for business purposes.
Bonus tip – social media enables you to keep a close eye on your competitors. Tracking the social media activity of your competitors can reveal gaps with their products or services, and of course, opportunities.
Have I convinced you of the importance of using social media yet?
You don’t have to do it alone – you can outsource your social media marketing and also start small – don’t attempt to be on every channel – you only need a presence on the channels where your clients and target audience are.
For more information read: