Creating a personal annual review can be a helpful way to reflect on your achievements, challenges and goals over the past year and set objectives and intentions for the new year.
I’ll be creating mine over the next few weeks.
Here are some steps you can follow to create your own annual review:
1. Set aside dedicated time to reflect: Choose a time and place where you can focus on your annual review without distractions. You might want to set aside a few hours or an entire day for this activity.
2. Gather materials: Collect any documents or notes that will help you reflect on the past year, such as a journal, calendar or list of accomplishments.
3. Reflect on the past year: Consider the following questions:
* What were your biggest achievements or accomplishments?
* What challenges or setbacks did you face?
* What did you learn from these experiences?
* Of what are you most proud?
4. Set goals for the future: Based on your reflections, think about what you want to achieve in the coming year. Consider setting both short-term and long-term goals in different areas of your life, such as your personal growth, career, relationships or hobbies.
5. Write your annual review: Use your reflections and goals to create a written summary of your annual review. You might want to include sections on your accomplishments, challenges, and goals, as well as any lessons you learned or insights you gained.
6. Share your annual review: Consider sharing your annual review with a trusted colleague or your mentor, or discussing it with a coach. Talking through your reflections and goals with someone else can help you gain clarity and perspective.
Will you create a personal annual review?
Subscribe to my email newsletter for marketing and social media tips.