Successful content marketers are social media, marketing and SEO specialists – it’s not hard to master all of these. Here are some tips for optimizing your content:
- Research and then use the right hashtags to accompany your posts.
- Ask a select group to promote your content to their networks (do the same for them).
- Post your content in various LinkedIn groups to reach others outside your immediate network.
- Utilize a content syndicator to enhance the reach of your posts.
- If your content covers multiple topics, create a different status update for each topic and spread those out over the course of a few days.
- Keep content short, simple, and easy to read by using headings, bullets and lists. Keep paragraphs to only two or three sentences. Most people skim content and read on their mobile devices.
- Send your latest blog post/client alert by email blast. Also send certain VIP contacts the alert with a personal note. Don’t underestimate the power of email.
- Send your content to your alumni publications to reach former classmates.
- Use images, graphics and videos to bring your content to life.
- Keyword research and integration can have a big impact on search engine rankings and traffic. Scan through your content and pick out the main topics covered in your post. Plug those terms/phrases into Google Adwords’ free keyword suggestion tool. Revisit your content and enhance your post title, content, meta description and tags with those popular terms/phrases.
Remember that content marketing is a long-term marketing investment that will show ROI if you are patient. Every piece of content you produce helps to build your brand and your authority as a subject-matter expert, which can help lead to new clients and referrals.
I’d love to hear what you’re doing to take your content to the next level.