If you haven’t started producing regular, high-quality content on your website and social media channels, it’s time to rethink that and it’s time to do it now.
If you don’t have time to handle it yourself:
- Build a strategy (or hire someone to do it)
- Create a content calendar
- Schedule time in your calendar to write and treat it as a meeting that can’t be cancelled
- Co-author a piece with a colleague
- Use Twitter as a news aggregator to provide you with article ideas
- Keep a running list of article ideas on your phone so you can quickly add to it or dictate ideas – I use the Notes section of my iPhone every day for this
- Write an outline – this helps organize your thoughts and get you started on the right track
- Follow your competitors to get inspiration and then do what they do better or differently
- Outsource assignments to freelance experts
Busy people can become successful content marketers – I am – you just need to make the time for it, or get help.