I love this Inc article and the idea that gratitude is what makes your body and mind stronger.
According to the article and the various studies it cites, gratitude has many benefits such as:
- Gratitude makes you more likely to exercise
- Gratitude reduces your stress levels
- Gratitude improves the quality of your sleep
- Gratitude increases your emotional well-being
- Gratitude makes your heart stronger and healthier
- Gratitude makes you a more effective leader
As the article says, in some of the studies, participants kept a gratitude journal in which they would list at the end of the day all the reasons they felt grateful. You can also feel gratitude during the day by simply asking yourself, “What am I grateful for right now?” You should easily be able to come up with several reasons.