Here are some quick ideas on how to stay focused, centered and avoid distractions in a time when nothing is normal.
- Don’t watch the news all day
- Have a calming mantra – do yoga or meditate
- Organize and declutter your space
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water
- Get a good chair
- Make lists and cross off items as you complete them
- Do one project/task at a time – don’t let your email take over your day
- Reward yourself – go outside for some fresh air, take a bath, indulge in something you love, for me it’s cooking and baking, and writing
- Think about all of your blessings instead of focusing on the negative and unknown
- Spend time with your pet
- Take breaks and FaceTime friends and loved ones
- Use social media to reconnect with family, friends and former colleagues
- Allow yourself to unplug at night and let your mind wander a bit by watching TV or reading a book
- Organize virtual happy hours or coffee breaks, join a virtual book club or take part in a Zoom workout (yoga, meditation, barre, HIIT or spin) – you can find them all over Instagram or message me for suggestions
What is helping you through this time? As you can tell, my dog ranks highly on the list.