I see a lot of people and organizations post content to social media without having a strategy or goals in mind.
What winds up happening is that the posts aren’t focused or tailored, and there is little to no engagement as a result.
It’s better not to post anything to social if you aren’t sure why you’re posting it, it’s not written with your target audience in mind or you aren’t using the right channels for it.
Here are 10 things you should do on social media right now to create a stronger social media presence for you and your organization.
- Outline your marketing, business development and social media goals
- Develop your audience personas – who is your target audience? This way you will only create content tailored for them.
- Develop your unique value proposition
- Choose the right social media channels to share your posts (only go where your clients and potential clients are)
- Set up and optimize your social networks (claim your name/company, upload your logo and a correctly sized cover image)
- Ensure your social media bios are optimized and your complete contact information is filled out
- Develop a visual content marketing strategy (set up a Canva.com account to create visuals easily with your branding and logo)
- Create a hashtag strategy to help your content become more discoverable
- Create relevant content and repurpose the content you already have
- Track and measure results regularly so you can create more of what does well and less of what doesn’t.
I hope these tips inspire your social media efforts. Let me know if you have any tips to add!