Jo Thorud’s Women Who Wow profile was so full of useful tips (make sure to read it!) that I created a second blog post dedicated to them.
When I asked her what she would tell her younger self, she had some great advice that I wanted to highlight from which I think we all can learn and supports so much of what I write about on this blog.
What do you wish you could tell your younger self?
Hindsight is always 20/20. And when you’re in the depths of any challenging situation, it doesn’t seem like you’ll ever come out on the other side. Various experiences have helped me gain perspective, and here are some words I share, especially when I see people struggling for acceptance, deliberating over difficult decisions or stressing over things they can’t control.
- It’s ok to fail.
- It’s ok to not have all the answers.
- It’s ok if not everyone likes you the way you want them to.
- It’s ok if plans go sideways.
- It’s ok to not be first or the best at something (or at everything).
- It’s ok to not know what you want to do with the rest of your life.
- It’s ok to laugh at yourself.
- It’s ok to say no.
- Trust your instincts because they’re usually right.