Here’s an idea – why should you reinvent the content wheel when you don’t have to? Especially when time is money.
I have so much content in my archives and I try to be really smart, strategic and efficient about how I reuse what I already have. And you should too.
Instead of creating new content all the time, look to the resources you already have and let them work harder and smarter for you by reusing and repurposing them.
- Look at your analytics to see which posts did best and recycle your greatest hits.
- Update a blog post to create a new piece of content.
- Create multiple graphics for one piece of content along with a distribution plan, extending its shelf life.
- Turn a piece of written content into a video.
- Turn an article into an infographic using Canva.
- Use your headshots and practice area images in social images.
- Take webinars you attend and any of your own speaking engagements and create short takeaways posts from them – you already did the work so get more bang for your buck on the opportunity!
- Reuse event photos into a TBT or FBF campaign.
- Turn longform articles into several short pieces of content. You can very easily break up a long client alert or article into several posts.
Keep it simple, smart and practical. Remember the key to successful content strategy is to be consistent, unique, top of mind and helpful.