So, you’ve been published in a magazine or blog or appeared on a podcast – congratulations! But the journey doesn’t end with the satisfaction of seeing your name in print or online. To truly benefit from this boost in visibility, you should leverage this content for your brand and business growth. Here’s a guide on what to do next to maximize every media mention you receive.
1. Share, Share, Share!
- Social Media: Promote your published content across all your social media platforms – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Customize the message for each platform to resonate with its unique audience. Remember that one size doesn’t fit all.
- Email Newsletters: Incorporate a snippet or highlight from the content in your email newsletters. It’s an effective way to reach subscribers who might have missed your post on social media.
2. Repurpose Your Content
- Infographics: Transform the key points of your content into an eye-catching infographic. This visual tool can then be shared on platforms like Pinterest or Instagram to engage a broader audience. You can use AI tools to help create an outline or starting point for the infographic text.
- Videos: Create short video summaries or elaborate on certain sections of your content. Share these on YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn or TikTok to cater to an audience that prefers visual content.
- Podcasts: Dive deeper into the topic by hosting a podcast episode. Discuss your content, share behind-the-scenes details and interview experts to add more value.
3. Engage with Your Audience
- Respond to Comments: Whether it’s on social media or the blog where you were published, engage with readers who leave comments. Building relationships can lead to business opportunities down the road. If there are no comments, ask questions in the comments to spark conversations.
- Host a Q&A Session: Use platforms like Instagram Live or Zoom to host a session addressing questions related to your content. This can help position you as a thought leader in your industry.
4. Network with Other Contributors
Connect with other authors or contributors to the magazine or blog. Collaborate on future content, host joint webinars or share insights. Their audience can become a part of your audience, and vice versa.
5. Update Your Portfolio
Remember to update your website, LinkedIn or any professional portfolio with the new published content. It acts as a testament to your expertise and can attract potential clients or employers.
6. Leverage for Future Opportunities
Use your published content as a stepping stone. Approach other magazines, blogs and podcasts, showcasing your previous work. Being published once often paves the way for more opportunities.
- Promotion is Essential: Simply getting published isn’t enough. Actively promote your content across all channels to ensure maximum reach.
- Engagement is Key: Engaging with your audience can lead to meaningful relationships and business opportunities.
- Repurpose and Reuse: One piece of content can be transformed into various formats to cater to different audience preferences.
- Network and Collaborate: Connect with fellow contributors and leverage combined audiences for broader reach.
- Keep Your Portfolio Updated: An updated portfolio with your published works can lead to more opportunities and acts as a testament to your expertise.
In essence, getting published is just the starting point. Leveraging that content effectively can lead to unparalleled brand and business growth. So, the next time you see your content in a magazine or blog, remember there’s more work (and reward) ahead!
Reach out to me to learn how to create a more effective marketing strategy for yourself or your organization!