Here are 10 things I’ve learned to stop wasting my time on in order to find more happiness in life. I hope they’re helpful to you.
- Worrying about what others think of me. Other’s people’s opinions are just that – opinions. The only opinion that matters is yours.
- Trying to make everyone like me. They won’t. End of story. They also will believe their own narratives of you based on their viewpoints or agenda. I stopped trying to correct people who told lies about me and I ran from people who gaslit me with their fabrications of things that never happened, including my significant other.
- Social media accounts that don’t make me feel good about myself or people who post only perfect moments in their life. PS – no one’s life is perfect!
- Obsessing over things I can’t control. This leads to worry, anxiety and wrinkles!
- People who treat me poorly (anyone who gossips, is a mean girl or is unsupportive).
- Beating myself up over past mistakes. What’s done is done. Learn from it, be a better person and move on.
- Ignoring red flags and it listening to my intuition.
- Being a perfectionist. Sometimes your good is good enough. We are all just too busy to belabor things to death.
- Giving too much to people who don’t reciprocate.
- Trying to do it all. I stopped beating myself up over not crossing off enough things on my to-do list while realizing the value of self-care (such as time with my dogs).
I hope this list is helpful as you move into the new year.
Think about what you would put on your own list and remember to always be kind to yourself.