If you have anxiety or live with someone who does, this can be an incredibly stressful time to cope with and manage those feelings. It’s perfectly okay to not be okay right now.
Here are some reassuring things you can say to help someone with anxiety. Remember, this too shall pass. Stay safe everyone.
- “I love you and that’s why I’m here”
- “I’m here for you”
- “You’re allowed to feel this way, even if you don’t know why”
- “It makes a lot of sense that you feel this way”
- “I’m sorry you are going through this right now. You’re doing such a great job anyhow”
- “You don’t need to explain yourself to me”
- “You don’t need to feel pressured to stop feeling this way, take all the time you need”
- “You are not a burden”
- “It’s okay that you’re not okay right now”
- “How can I better support you when you feel like this?”