Friday is World Kindness Day, and I wanted to post a quick reminder to be kinder to everyone. Simple acts of kindness go a long way, especially during such a stressful year.
But that being said, sometimes you can’t “kill them with kindness.”
- It’s okay to have boundaries with some people.
- It’s okay to cut out people who aren’t good to you or support you.
- Don’t apologize for who you are – be yourself.
- Don’t make excuses for people who consistently let you down, criticize you or disrespect you.
- Delete and block the haters and mean girls.
- Surround yourself with people who love you and support you.
- A smaller circle is sometimes better.
- Always assume good intent in others until proven otherwise.
- Trust your gut.
- Give back and do kind things for others without expecting anything in return.
- Focus on finding joy from experiences not material things.
- Don’t force anything – friendships, relationships, work partnerships. Go where you are wanted and appreciated.
- Don’t beat yourself up for past mistakes. Be kind to yourself!
- Realize it’s okay to outgrow friendships and relationships and that not everyone is supposed to be in your life forever. You are not obligated to keep people in your life who don’t treat you with respect, kindness and love.
And remember that someone else’s opinion of you is not your reality. What people think is based on their life experience and their point of view. Take what others say with a grain of salt. Only you know what’s best for you. Silence the noise 🙌🏻