I’m often asked how I’ve achieved success on LinkedIn to build a network of almost 12K followers/connections. It took a lot of trial and error – and here’s what I learned.
I was posting on LinkedIn and building my brand on LinkedIn long before I ever really needed it.
Don’t wait to use LinkedIn when you’re looking for a job or building a business because it takes time and effort to build a presence on LinkedIn.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t start today.
In fact that means you should, because there’s so much opportunity on LinkedIn.
Most people who use LinkedIn aren’t utilizing Linkedin effectively. So do it better than them. It’s not hard.
Here are 10 ways I’ve been able to achieve success on LinkedIn and you can too 🙌🏻
- Post consistently and create your content pillars
- Only post helpful content (no self-promotional posts)
- Be available to meaningfully answer all comments to help your posts go “viral”
- Structure your posts with short paragraphs and white space making them easier to skim
- Use visuals to bring your posts to life – they help people to “stop the scroll”
- Strategically use hashtags to help your content become discoverable
- Tell stories / they help people relate to you
- Reuse and repurpose your content
- Share at the right time of day
- Be YOU!
Take some time this week to map out your LinkedIn content strategy.
Come up with your content pillars – the 3 to 5 topics on which you’ll write about that are in your wheelhouse.
You can use these tips on any social media platform but only focus on the ones where your clients and prospects are. You don’t need to be on every social platform – it’s better to focus on just one or two and do those well.
What other tips would you add to this list?