I wanted to share a few thoughts on why you should incorporate Twitter into your content strategy. Twitter is a great platform to enhance your personal brand as well as your company brand.
- It’s easy to use and because the posts are short, you can easily create and upload content.
- It enables you to strengthen brand by sharing insights and engage with other leaders in your field
- Provides a steady stream of quick, timely and evergreen content ideas throughout the year
- Enables you to engage with reporters who are active on the platform to generate press coverage for you and your firm
- Allows you to become part of the conversation before, during and after important industry conferences using the official conference hashtags – use the tweets for content ideas (you can sort by the hashtag for inspiration)
- Enables you to become a content aggregator but a word to the wise: Always click on all articles and read them before retweeting and sharing just in case their viewpoints don’t completely align with yours
- On Twitter – do more than just share your article/alert headlines when you post copy, offer an insight or two
- Incorporate hashtags directly in tweet copy vs. adding them to the end of a post if you can. This creates a cleaner look and ensures they are seen
- Best practice: Use only two hashtags (three at an absolute maximum) – you have a limited number of characters so be selective on how you use them
- Use hashtagify.me to help you source the most relevant hashtags to enable your content to be found
So how do you use Twitter to build your brand and engage with others?