This is not the year to take a break from marketing during the summer. Even under the best circumstances, it’s incredibly important to ensure your clients are happy and that you are consistently generating new sources of leads and referrals.
Here are 25 ideas on how to do that in my JD Supra article, which involves shifting your strategy from in-person networking and client entertaining to having a strong online presence and thought leadership platform.
The ideas include:
- Build stronger relationships (clients hire the lawyer, not the firm for the most part)
- Reevaluate your business’ goals for the year
- Get to know your top clients better
- Reconnect with former clients
- Develop a visual content strategy
- Learn how to use hashtags
- Provide personalized, value-added content
- Enhance and update your bio and LinkedIn profile
- Use LinkedIn to network and share updates
- Become involved with alumni associations
- Find ways to help your contacts
- Ensure that practice area/industry descriptions on your web site reflect current market conditions
- Volunteer on a bar association committee, for a social cause or a pro bono project virtually