When it comes to Valentine’s Day ❤️, B2B companies CAN create content too.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to only be about flowers, boxes of chocolate or romantic dinners.
It’s completely appropriate to create a B2B email marketing, content marketing or social media campaign based on love or appreciation for your clients, employees and the community at large.
Consider these B2B Valentine’s Day content marketing and social media ideas:
- Send customer appreciation valentines – Send your clients and customers love by writing a message, creating a graphic or making a video to show your appreciation for their business.
- Show love to a charity – If your company frequently works with a charity or non-profit, you could announce a donation or volunteer hours that your company has committed to “spread love.”
- Give a small gift to your top customers related to your industry to show your appreciation.
- Show love for your employees – Give that same small gift to your employees or a charitable donation on behalf of them. Also consider posting behind-the-scenes snippets of why and how much employees love what they do, and other reasons why the day is “sweet.”
- Promote reasons to love your company – Create content such as “5 Reasons to Love ____” to recognize new products/services—or that just gives reasons love your company.
- Celebrate self-love – Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to remind your followers of the importance of taking care of ourselves. Create a post that contains self-love tips. If you can, subtly include some ways people can celebrate self-love using your products and services.
- Provide a list of ideas of simple acts of love and appreciation you can do for your colleagues, community, neighbors and friends. See the ideas below from Blessing Manifesting for inspiration.
- Share Valentine’s recipes – get your employees involved by asking them to contribute their favorite Valentine’s Day dinner, cocktail and dessert recipes. Then create recipe cards for social media with step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the recipes along with credits to the employees who contributed the culinary creations.
- Curate your favorite lists – you could publish lists of books you (and your employees) love, rom-coms, your favorite love songs – you get the idea. Have some fun with it!
Of course a Valentine’s Day B2B content marketing and social campaign won’t work for every organization (or on all social media channels) so by all means don’t try to force it.
My final tip is to use the right hashtags like #valentinesday and #valentinesday2022 to enhance discoverability of your post.
What other ideas would you add to the list of ways companies can celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Here’s a video where explain more about Valentine’s Day social media ideas.