There are so many reasons to use social media and if you are going to do so, it’s important to create a social media strategy for your organization whether it is large or small. I suggest keeping your strategy simple and focused.
What you don’t want to do is haphazardly start posting content. Having a strategy and plan is essential and will make you more efficient.
Here is a quick checklist for how social media can benefit and help your organization that I hope inspires you.
A social media strategy can:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate leads and sales
- Grow your brand’s audience
- Reinforce buying decisions
- Enable you to generate your own positive buzz about your employees and organization (think owned media versus earned media)
- Help with recruiting and retention efforts and highlight your company culture
- Improve your SEO results
- Drive traffic to your web site
- Help you stay top of mind with your clients and prospects
- Highlight your thought leadership content and enable you to showcase your expertise in various areas