There are only three more days until August – do you have your content planned yet? You should consider incorporating “hashtag holidays” into your social media calendar.
Social media holidays can bring unique, thoughtful engagement to your page. Plan proactively to avoid scrambling for content at the last-minute.
If you see a holiday that connects with your audience and your brand, create content that highlights them.
While you don’t need to create a post for every hashtag holiday, it’s a great idea to take advantage of the opportunities that make sense for your brand.
Think of these days as opportunities to help your brand stand out. They also give you ideas for posts and help you fill in your social media calendar, especially if you are looking for “softer side” news for Instagram and for recruiting purposes to showcase your culture and people.
Use a social media content calendar to schedule your social media holidays in advance so you can see where you have content gaps and opportunities.
I regularly present holidays to my clients and we discuss which days make sense for their brand and then I create posts and images for them.
There are so many hashtag holidays that present opportunities for you to market your organization in a way that’s relevant to your industry, shows pride in a cause you care about or generate awareness.
Plan ahead now!
August holidays to celebrate in your social media and content marketing efforts
- Black Business Month – August is National Black Business Month, a time when you can recognize Black-owned businesses across the country.
- National Immunization Awareness Month – National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is campaign held each August to highlight the importance of vaccination for people of all ages.
- American Artists Appreciation Month
August 2021 Hashtag Calendar:
- August 1 – American Family Day #AmericanFamilyDay
- August 2 – National Ice Cream Sandwich Day #NationalIceCreamSandwichDay
- August 3 – National White Wine Day #NationalWhiteWineDay
- August 4 – National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day #NationalChocolateChipCookieDay
- August 6 – National Cycle to Work Day #NationalCycleToWorkDay
- August 8 – International Cat Day #InternationalCatDay
- August 9 – National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
- August 11 – National Sons and Daughters Day #SonsAndDaughtersDay
- August 12 – International Youth Day #YouthDay
- August 13 – International Lefthanders Day #LefthandersDay
- August 13 – National Prosecco Day #NationalProseccoDay
- August 15 – National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
- August 16 – National Tell a Joke Day #NationalTellAJokeDay
- August 17 – National Nonprofit Day #NationalNonprofitDay
- August 19 – World Photography Day #WorldPhotographyDay #WorldPhotoDay
- August 19 – World Humanitarian Day #WorldHumanitarianDay
- August 20 – National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
- August 21 – Senior Citizens Day #SeniorCitizensDay
- August 24 – Kobe Bryant Day #KobeBryantDay
- August 26 – National Dog Day #NationalDogDay
- August 26 – National Women’s Equality Day #WomensEqualityDay
- August 28 – National Bow Tie Day #NationalBowTieDay
- August 30 – National Beach Day #NationalBeachDay
A fun idea would be to post your employees’ favorite recipes on the drink and food days. Create a photo collage of your employees’ pets on the days involving animals. And for any fashion days – ask your employees to submit photos of them in that trend (so bow ties if you celebrated the day below). See how easy it is?
As you think ahead to the fall, go back through your campaigns and check engagement rates for your social media holiday posts. Use this information as you design your social media calendar for Fall 2021.
Reach out to me to learn more about how I can help produce social media content for your company.
Join me for my next webinar on how to grow your business and brand – I’ll cover how to use social media hashtags effectively.