Although it’s been a challenging 18 months with the pandemic affecting us personally and professionally, you don’t have to feel stuck.
Use this time to set plans into motion for the future and building the life that you want for yourself.
I wanted to share a few things I’ve learned that it’s never to late to do such as:
- Start over
- Pursue something you want
- Make amends
- Forgive people
- Set boundaries
- Focus on your professional development
- Be kinder to others (and yourself)
- Simplify your life
- Cut out toxic relationships
- Believe in yourself
- Break/change your routine
- Create and work on your bucket list
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Stop believing you don’t deserve happiness
- Stop doubting your abilities
- Stand up for yourself and others
The path to success and happiness for most individuals is not straightforward – it’s filled with twists and turns and bumps along the way. Just keep going.
I used to let things happen to me instead of taking control of my life. Now I take control.
You also need to believe that the things you want are within your grasp. There is real power in positive thinking. You have to believe it to achieve it.
My mentor Wendy Bernero says she lives by one rule. “I want to look in the mirror every morning and be proud of the person I am and what I’ve done – without excuses.” I try to apply this to everything I do too. I hope you will too.