Educational webinars are one of the most effective forms of marketing for generating leads, promoting your business and its employees, and boosting conversions for professional service organizations.
But once the webinar is over your work is far from over. In fact that is where the greatest opportunities are.
Smart marketers find creative ways to extend the life of their webinars and make use of all the valuable content that was generated from it in order to engage with attendees, those who registered who couldn’t make it and others who might be interested in the content who didn’t know about it.
The solution is all about repurposing it in creative ways.
By repurposing your webinar content, you provide your audience with multiple ways to consume the content while giving yourself more opportunities to reach prospects.
Here are 10 effective ways to repurpose your webinars into great content and extend their shelf life.
First things first – make sure you have a transcript of your webinar.
This is going to make your life so much easier as you create new content from your webinar.
Then go through your transcript and pick out important topics on which to focus as well as speaker sound bites.
You can repurpose your webinar content into:
- a podcast with the webinar’s speakers expanding on the topic
- blog posts – your webinar can easily be turned into blog copy
- a white paper or ebook (expand on the webinar’s topic)
- social media video clips (splice up the full recording into short segments – less than 3 mins and post on social/YouTube
- speaker quotes, statistics and examples from your webinar are all great inspiration from which you can create graphics
- email campaign funnel copy (use the video segments and blog posts)
- FAQ content – answer attendee questions in a social and blog post
- A Slideshare presentation (will help enhance your SEO)
- infographics illustrating the webinar’s key points
- conference topic – you have the slides and did a dry run, so submit to speak at major conferences in your industry
And here are some ideas to turn your webinar content into blog posts:
- How-to or list posts: Expand on a topic from the webinar in educational posts
- Digest posts: Summarize the webinar in a post and include links to additional relevant resources
- Infographic posts: Use data shared in the webinar to create informational posts.
- Quote compilation post: Compile the best speaker quotes into a roundup piece
Repurposing what you already have is one of the most important tools you have and webinars are such a great way to showcase your expertise in professional services marketing. There’s no time like right now to use your existing content to your advantage.