What we all need right now is more gratitude and to be thankful for all we have. It can we hard to do that and feel that way when we are going through a global pandemic, but it’s something that we must do in order to maintain a positive mindset and get through this incredibly trying and stressful time.
Gratitude starts with seeing the goodness in your life. Feeling grateful boosts happiness and your physically and psychologically.
Here are a few ways you can boost gratitude in your life.
- Keeping a journal of big and little joys in life
- Each day think of little things that have gone right and why
- Send e-thank you notes to those who have helped you
- Go through old photos and send your favorites to those in them with a note about what they mean to you
- Set up virtual check-ins with the elderly in your life side it’s likely you can’t see them in person – tell them how much you care about them
- Tell people you care about that you’re thinking of them
- Think about people who inspire you and let them know and emulate their behavior
- Engage in mental subtraction – imagine your life without something positive that has happened
We will get through this together and emerge as better, stronger and more resilient people. Stay safe xo