It’s not easy to find time for marketing yourself, but it’s essential in order to stay top of mind with your clients and prospects and others who may want to hire you or ask you to be on a panel or who will send an opportunity your way.
Managing your personal brand and all of the potential opportunities that come from doing so is critical to your success.
Here are 10 things you can do today to enhance your personal branding efforts.
- Google yourself and set up Google Alerts for your top clients and prospects – information is power
- Reevaluate your business’ goals for the year and set achievable ones
- Become involved with alumni associations, pro bono and industry trade organizations and community service work
- Write a client alert, a blog post, an article or all of these
- Learn how to use hashtags to promote your social media posts – and of course, post on social media
- Make a connections plan for LinkedIn and strategically increase your network
- Look at the analytics of past blog posts and client alerts to create a smarter content strategy
- Enhance and update your bio and LinkedIn profile using keywords optimized for SEO
- Ensure that all practice area/industry descriptions on your web site are updated and reflect current market conditions
- Reuse and repurpose your content strategically (come to my next free webinar to learn more about this)
What else would you add to this list?