I’m often asked how to make a real impact on your branding and business development efforts with social media and it’s really quite simple to do so – and often requires little to no investment.
- Every post you create should contribute something of value to your target market
- Always include visuals with your posts
- Don’t assume that your connections see all your posts – reuse and repurpose your content into multiple posts
- Only focus on the social media channels used by your target audience
- Create engaging, timely and helpful content
- Regularly post content
- Don’t be afraid to use hashtags – but use the right ones, which you can find on ritetag and hashtagifyme
- Have a strong company and individual LinkedIn profile – fill out all of the sections, include a strong headline (it gets pulled into Google and LinkedIn search results), ensure your cover photo is professional and up to date and include a business-focused cover image on your company page and personal profile
- Use social media to compliment and highlight others in your network to build relationships
- Highlight your company’s good works – community service, CSR, diversity and pro bono – these posts do very well because they demonstrate that your organization is a good corporate citizen
These tips will work for any size company and in any industry. Try some of them and let me know how it goes!