If you’re using social media for professional reasons (which you should be especially in today’s socially distant time), it’s important that you manage your overall online brand.
It’s not enough to create a LinkedIn profile or company page or any other social accounts, you must consistently and regularly maintain your presence on each channel with value-added, helpful content with compelling images.
Here are a few easy things you can do each day to ensure that you are putting your best foot forward on social media. These tips will both elevate your brand and help with leads and client engagement by keeping you top of mind with your network.
1. Check statistics on your posts and look for trends (create more of what does well and less of what doesn’t)
2. Check notifications, comments and messages, and respond as necessary
3. Look at which pieces of thought leadership, blogs, alerts and articles can be repurposed into videos and podcasts. One piece of content can be turned into multiple multimedia posts.
4. Set daily content goals
5. Review and revise your editorial calendar
6. Search popular hashtags in your industry to find inspiration for future posts
7. Review what your competitors are doing
8. Tailor your posts for each social platform and don’t post the same text on each social channel as they are very different in tone and style
9. Create custom images to accompany each of your posts using Canva.com
10. Reuse and repurpose past content and fill in gaps in your editorial calendar with evergreen content and holidays
Any company regardless of its size or focus can use these tips to enhance their social media presence and to help focus on your strategy each day. I hope these tips make social media less overwhelming to you.