Here are some tips on how to develop a strong personal social media content strategy to raise your profile, strengthen relationships and even bring in new business.
- Spend the time to build a strong LinkedIn profile that highlights who you really are and your unique strengths
- Build an editorial/content calendar to manage your social media posts, and blog and article writing
- Share your content at the right time (during commuting hours)
- Be a content collector and a creator
- Be visual and smart by using low-cost tools
- Repurpose content on LinkedIn
- Maximize every conference and create a takeaways piece (don’t just sit there!)
- Take photos at every event and repurpose them on social and in blog posts
- Use a combination of evergreen and timely posts
- Use a powerful mix of earned and owned media
- Capitalize on holidays and other milestones to fill in content gaps
- Pay it forward by promoting the successes of others on social (this is how you build stronger relationships with others)
- Use a mix of platforms to engage with your target audiences (video, thought leadership, podcasts, etc.)
- Use paid social on key articles/posts to amp their visibility
Anyone can implement these content tips both on a personal level and on a company level.
What else would you add to the list?