Promoting the successes of others in your network can build stronger relationships and lead to new business, especially now when we are relying so much on online networking to keep close with our connections. Here are some tips for how to shine a spotlight on others.
- Dedicate some of your social posts to congratulate others on their successes (such as award wins, published articles, upcoming speaking engagements). You can like, comment or share – it depends on each situation.
- Adopt the mindset of “How can I help you?”
- Paying it forward and giving before you get will help you build stronger relationships.
- You will attract people to you if you are humble, helpful and complimentary.
- When you post about yourself, think of the “humblebrag” approach – don’t pat yourself too hard on the back.
- Don’t forget your mentors and champions – they are major keys to your success and it is wise to keep in touch with them and thank them for all they have done for you.