Don’t let the last week of the year go to waste when it comes to your marketing and business development efforts.
Instead use this time to your advantage while everyone else is taking a break.
Here are a few actions you can take to build your brand and business as the year comes to a close.
- Create a strong LinkedIn headline (think why you do what you and what differentiates you) and About/Summary section with strategic keywords
- Google yourself and set up Google Alerts for your self, your top clients and prospects
- Reevaluate your business goals for the year and set achievable ones for 2022
- Reconnect with former clients and prospects with a check-in email to better understand their goals for the new year
- Write a client alert, a blog post, an article or all of these. Content helps keeps you top of mind.
- Plan a free webinar – another great way to showcase your expertise
- Learn how to use hashtags on LinkedIn to increase visibility and searchability of your posts
- Make a connections plan for LinkedIn to strategically increase your network
- Look at the analytics of past blogs, emails and client alerts to refine your content strategy
- Plan a New Year’s email and social media post
- Enhance and update your bio – make sure to update your representative matter list
- Ensure that all practice area/industry descriptions on your web site are updated and reflect current market conditions
- Clean up and add new contacts to your email list (extra points for segmentation)
- Research volunteer opportunities for the new year – for an industry committee, a bar association committee, social cause or pro bono project and alumni associations
What’s on your marketing to-do list?